About the job
We’re looking for a Sales Development Specialist to launch Nomod in London. The ideal candidate is someone who can think on their feet, has great communication skills, understands the art of persuasion, and relishes selling innovative technology
As a Sales Development Specialist you will:
- Own the top of the merchant acquisition funnel
- Identity potential merchants that we can acquire in London
- Research and maintain a lead generation pipeline and database
- Make outgoing calls to both warm up and qualify a prospect
- Create tailored calls to prospects by conducting detailed research on their industry, business, and potential pain points
- Share any information that a prospective merchant may need about Nomod and our features
- Liaise with sales teams and prospects to set up meetings to close a sale
- Participate in the preparation of sales presentations and proposals
- Develop a strong knowledge of Nomod’s features as well as our competition’s products and features, to facilitate the sales process
- Be proud of what you work on, whilst obsessing about the quality of what you produce
- Have regular opportunities for career growth. We’re growing quickly and are forming new teams as we do. We have a bias towards internal promotion into leadership roles
- Ensure that everyone is blown away with their Nomod experience
You’ll experience what it is like to work in a fun, entrepreneurial, and high growth startup!
What we’d like
You do not need to be intimately familiar with any of the technologies that we work with. Great people are effective at quickly learning what we use or introduce us to new ways of working.
Having said that, we think a Sales Development Specialist should:
- Have between two to three years of prior top of the funnel experience, generating small and medium business leads leads
- Have incredible resilience, a million No’s, will eventually lead to a Yes!
- Have exceptional written and verbal skills in English.
- Have the ability to quickly build a rapport and see things from the perspective of our users
- Have lots of energy, be proactive, think fast, and revel in solving problems
- Enjoy building relationships with people, and have excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Chrome, Arc, Gmail, Google Docs, and similar web tools are second nature
- Be creative, innovative, and data driven
- Deliver no matter what it takes
- Have the ability to thrive in a fully remote, distributed organisation
- Be lots of fun to work with!
Nice to haves
- Prior experience at a high growth startup or at an established fintech firm
- Fluency in other languages in addition to English
- Experience working with a remote, global, multicultural team
What you’ll get
- As a Sales Development Specialist you will receive:
- Your choice of equipment
- Competitive pay
- Access to our upcoming ESOP
- Incredible co-workers (yep, really!)
- A super nice, flexible, distributed work environment